Colo Vale is a Northern Village of the Southern Highlands approximately 1km from the freeway and 10 minutes from Mittagong. With a population of approximately 1800 residents, Colo Vale has become a significant village.
The area was first settled with a land purchase in 1841 and became a railway station village on the main southern railway until 1919 when the line became the Picton Mittagong Loop Line after a new main rail line became operational.
In the early 1860s, increased settlement occurred due to the rich soils making it ideal for agriculture and farming. St Paul Church was built in 1884 to cater for a growing community. By 1954 the village had established into a thriving community and has continued to grow ever since.
Local Amenities include;
Colo Vale Public School, Pre School, Oval, General Store, Community Hall, Colo Vale Markets, Community Hall, Rural Fire Service, Loop Line Pony Club, Tennis Courts, St Pauls Church, Produce Nursery, Native Nursery.