Renting with Carlton Real Estate is simple and made as easy as possible for you. To assist you in the process of applying for a Property, below is a step-up -step guide.
Guide to Renting
Select a property
- Via our website (carltonrealestate.com.au) or other advertised sources.
- Drive-by the property for location suitability.
- Contact us to arrange an appointment to inspect the property.
To arrange an appointment, please call (02) 4871 2622 or drop by our office at Cnr of Old Hume Highway & Crimea Street, Mittagong.
- Complete our Application Form.
- Include financial statements, including
- Pay slip;
- Accountant letter;
- Centrelink documents; and
- Bank Statement.
- Provide photocopies of documents required to meet 100 points of identification.
Guide to the identification and points (100 points options lists)
- Driver’s Licence 40 points
- Previous Tenancy Reference 20 points
- Passport 40 points
- Previous two rent receipts 20 points
- 18+ Card 40 points
- Motor vehicle registration 10 points
- Birth Certificate 30 points
- Bank Statement 10 points
- Other Photo ID 30 points
- Telephone Account 10 points
- Current Wage Advice 30 points
- Electricity/Gas Account 10 points
Please be aware that Bond Transfers are NOT an option.
Applications that are not complete cannot be processed.
If you require assistance to complete the form, please ask we are here to help.
As your application is a high priority, we will endeavour to have an answer to you within 48 hours, but will advise you if it will be longer due to delays in reaching your contacts.
Information verification by our agency
To verify your application information, we contact your listed references and current Property Manager. If you have had a problem with a previous tenancy, please discuss the circumstances with us.
If Application is not accepted
If your application is not accepted by the Lessor, it will be retained for one (1) month and then destroyed securely, to comply with Privacy Legislation. This does not mean that you are not suitable to rent through our Agency.
Rent payment method options
Direct Debit to our Rental Trust account (details provided once application accepted)
CASH IS NOT AN OPTION.
If approved, arrange the following services
You can personally arrange for the following services as applicable. Alternately, we offer a 3rd party service that will arrange the following services for you:
- Power Connection;
- Gas Connection (if applicable);
- Phone Connection; and
- Contents Insurance.