Clancy - A Contemporary Interpretation of a Traditional Australian FarmhouseBACK TO RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS
A breathtaking, contemporary interpretation of a traditional Australian farmhouse will be unveiled in early 2023 as one of the most remarkable and striking homes ever to grace the Southern Highlands. Inspired by the mountain hut in the classic 1982 film, ‘The Man from Snowy River’ and named after the legendary stockman from Banjo Paterson’s famous poem of the same name, Clancy of the Overflow will prove a captivating and distinguished interpretation of colonial aesthetic.
Curated by an all-star, all-local team of talented architects and designers and boasting a prized, dress circle address on the sunlit, gum-dotted, northern slopes of iconic Mt Gibraltar, Clancy overlooks the charming historic township of Mittagong, and will offer its maiden owners a stunning and unique fusion of colonial charm and indulgent, state-of-the-art luxury and sophistication. Beautifully and purposely blending with the Australian landscape, spectacularly proportioned and exquisitely appointed, Clancy and her equally impressive offspring – the poolhouse studio, ‘Baby Clancy’ – will flaunt master-built elements, head-turning design features and stunning aesthetics never before seen in the Southern Highlands.
Utilising the ultimate thermal performance of reverse masonry construction, the external timber skin drapes over Clancy like an iconic Driza-bone coat keeping the weather out, while the vintage-inspired internal brickwork retains thermal mass, creating warmth and comfort in winter and a cool interior in the summer’s heat. Spotted gum cladding, verandahs and a corrugated iron roof grace the Clancy’s exterior, multiple entertaining areas have been created inside and out, Clancy is certain to be a true showpiece of impeccable craftmanship and extraordinary architectural mastery, which combine to offer a sumptuous, expansive, bespoke sanctuary that will be talked about for years to come.
Perched proudly on a one-acre, elevated meadow of prime real estate and designed for exceptional comfort and soul-soothing warmth, this prestigious homestead is graced by many stand-out features:
– Seamless connection with the outdoors, with all four bedrooms offering doors that sweep open to terraces. Panoramic walls of glass throughout flood the airy, 11-foot-high spaces with enriching light and capture calming vistas of nature’s gifts and the sparkling swimming pool
– Calming, organic beauty, rarefied elegance, a natural, pared-back palette and unembellished, earthy tones are evoked through the use of natural timbers, masonry, carved stone, polished concrete flooring, exposed rafters, plush wool loop pile carpeting, premium terrazzo tiling and aged brass fixtures
– Custom steel windows and doors throughout, with all windows double glazed, argon-filled and low-E coated for maximum thermal comfort year-round
– Decadent master retreat with walk-through robe, private outdoor terrace and fireplace and opulent ensuite with custom timber tub for luxuriant soaks, double vanity and double rain shower
– Three other generous bedrooms – one with ensuite – plus main bathroom with tub offering garden views
– Sumptuous, sunken lounge with gas fireplace for cosy winter nights
– Airy living and dining area flanked by a pristine gourmet kitchen with blue quartz benchtops, top-of-the-range appliances and huge butler’s pantry complete with custom wine cellar and wine fridge
– Brilliant designer lighting throughout delivers every desired mood
– Triple garage with internal access to mudroom and powder room, and separate guest parking on site
– Four fireplaces – two outside and two inside – offer pensive ambience
– The heart of the home boasts an open-air garden atrium, enhancing the palpable connection with nature
– Multiple, eye-catching relaxation zones outside including sunken firepit with circular seat, daybeds and a stunning garden/alfresco dining terrace with custom-made BBQ, whimsical adult swing seats, indulgent, wood-fired hot tub and a boardwalk that snakes to the alluring, resort-style infinity-edge pool offering beautiful district views
– Flanking the pool is playfully named ‘Baby Clancy’, a fabulous, pool house/studio which echoes the styling of the main house and provides an extra bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom, living area, wet bar and double sided fireplace, and opens up to a private terrace
– Native Australian landscaping with uplit trees and lush, terraced lawns coat the property, amplifying the bush haven serenity, with vegetable gardens and rustic farm gates completing the picture of pastoral perfection
You’ll fall in love with this truly outstanding property, its inspired statement features, the flawless integration of high-tech innovation and elegant simplicity and the idyllic Highlands lifestyle it offers just minutes from the heart of beautiful Mittagong and Bowral. Be prepared to be romanced by Clancy and the Australian bush legends the home celebrates.
Read more about our parent project on Nero Street, Mittagong
- Completion Estimated Target June 2023
- Type Luxury Residential
- Architect Tziallas Architecture
- Interior Luci D Interiors
- Lighting Wildly Illuminating
- Landscaping Tempest Landscapes & Design
- Pool Design Tempest Pools
- Developer Carlton Real Estate